Secoya Campus Utrecht
The Secoya Campus in Utrecht is developed in the year 2000 as a single-tenant office building for ICT company Atos Origin. At the time that Atos Origin decided to move to Amsterdam region by end of 2015, they left the investor – St. Pensioenfonds Metaal & Techniek – facing some 36.000 m2 of vacant office floors.
In its ambition to recover the investment value of the property the investor challenged Cushman & Wakefield asking to:
Create a living building, a place where tenants will be successful because the get the most out of themselves. Create a place where the focus is on personal development and wellbeing. A sparkling, energetic and lively environment.
Cushman & Wakefield used its market knowledge, its expertise in defining trends and translated the challenge into an integrated approach towards the building, its services, its concept and its layout. Key in the approach was:
- Develop a concept that creates the best workplace offering the best office floors in Utrecht
- Develop a 5-star Hospitality services and create a truly wow-factor for every tenant, user and visitor
- Deliver high quality, safe and healthy services
- Ensure a high level energy label through creating a modern and sustainable environment
- Create and improve the accessibility of the building
- Occupancy rate raised from 10% at the start to 90% today
- Renovation of the building façade and all floors.
- Creation of a ´Secoya Service Point´ supervised by a Cushman & Wakefield Hospitality Manager at present every day on the location.
- Offer extra services such as Bootcamp trainings, top notch restaurant, cleaning services, handyman, etc. on high Service standards. Ensure that all of the suppliers breathe “Secoya”.
- Arrange for energy label A and continue to improve contracts with suppliers.
- Project in progress: create 235 extra parking lots, develop a new park square in the heart of the campus and arrange for clear and modern signage
Cushman & Wakefield realised a successful campus on one of the top office locations in Utrecht through an integrated approach working together as one team out of Asset Services & Hospitality together with Property Transformers, Agency Leasing and Valuation & Advisory.