Through the Cross Border Team Cushman & Wakefield we were asked to find a suitable location for a flagship store for the international retailer Superdry.
The explicit wish of Superdry was a very dominant A1 location with a wide shop front on the Kalverstraat in Amsterdam, with a retail area between 350 sqm and 600 sqm. Interests were big as this European 'Flagship store ' would be the first outside the UK.
Soon the preference for the Mexx store on the Kalverstraat 178 in Amsterdam was expressed by Superdry, after which we started the negotiations with the owner RJB Netherlands BV and rented the store on behalf of our client.
- Elaborating the location wishes regarding location, size, shopfront, required retailers in the vicinity etc .;
- In consultation with our client, we have made an inventory of the best retail establishment that meet specific needs of Superdry;
- The selected locations are analyzed and made transparent;
- After consultation, we started negotiations with the owner RJB Netherlands BV;
- Conditions are laid down in an LOI, signed by both parties;
- In collaboration with a lawyer, we have negotiated and prepared the lease agreements.
- Tenant friendly lease agreement (ROZ model) has been negotiated;
- The process is completed in approximately three months, which was necessary to remain competitive, and to secure the location for our client.